Monday, July 21, 2008

Bezel update

So I have made great strides on my bezel. I have cut it from the ABS and mounted the screen opening into it. My next step is to mount the screen frame on the back side and spot putty the whole thing up and sand and test fit. I do need to create the mounting brackets for it still, but that shouldn't take too long (hopefully).

I decided to not place the opening for the dvd drive in yet. I am unsure if I am going to integrate this right away or wait. It was kind of what was holding me up in the first place with the fabrication so I ignored it. Unfortunately the bezel was designed to fit it, so there is some space in the bottom of the bezel now where I can either add it later or I will have to create a new one at another time. Maybe I should just purchase the drive and get it over with?

No comments: